GRADUATED INTERN DUES PROGRAM
Intern dues for recent graduates are now a tiered plan. As a new grad, you will enjoy a highly reduced membership fee that gradually increases over the three years of your ARIDO membership.
How does it apply to you?
TIER 1 Intern membership is ONLY $87.00 (including HST) within your first year of graduation.
TIER 2 Intern membership is $174.00 (including HST) within your second year of graduation.
TIER 3 Regular Intern dues will apply after three years from the date of your graduation.
To qualify for Intern membership, applicant must:
- Successfully complete the required interior design education (minimum four-year Bachelor of Interior Design) from an ARIDO-recognized education institution.
- ARIDO will recognize a four-year bachelor's degree program as the minimum requirement for education starting on July 1, 2015 through July 1, 2017. Graduates must join ARIDO by December 31, 2021 for their degree to be recognized
- Show proof of liability insurance coverage
- Produce official transcripts sent directly from educational institution(s)
To maintain Intern Membership, member must:
- Renew ARIDO membership annually
- Comply with ARIDO's Professional Development requirement for Intern Members
- Adhere to the ARIDO Code of Ethics and Practice Standards
- Accumulate the required amount of supervised work experience
- Successfully pass the NCIDQ Examinations within 5 years of becoming an Intern member
- Intern Members may use the designation “Intern Member of the Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario” or “Intern, ARIDO” after their name
- Networking Opportunities at both local and provincial events
- Volunteer Opportunities through task forces and committees, as well as participation in various events and seminars throughout the year
- Protection of the right to practice through ARIDO’s continued advocacy on behalf of the profession
- Discounts on liability and E&O insurance rates
- Support and guidance throughout your career path on important items such as supervised work experience
- ARIDO e-Newsletters for up-to-date industry news
- A Voice – an opportunity to have your voice heard at our AGM
- Upon acceptance into this category, Intern members will be given an eligibility date to write the NCIDQ (National Council of Interior Design Qualification) examination, within a five-year period.
For more information about the membership application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.