New Committee Call: Join the Interior Design Show Task Force!
- Published on: Jul 04, 2023
The Board of Management has formed an additional Task Force to deliver ARIDO’s presence at the Interior Design Show in 2024.
The Interior Design Show Task Force will focus on activities that align with and work to achieve select desired goals of the strategic plan, mainly, strategies and approaches for the public on the value of the scope of Interior Design and building value-based programming for ARIDO members which will be executed during the Interior Design Show Toronto, January 2024.
As with all other volunteer working groups, it also includes goals that align with the organizations commitment to advance equity, diversity and inclusion. It is expected that this Task Force may liaise and consult with other Task Forces as needed, in the delivery of their mandates. It is the objective of this Task Force to build upon existing strategies deployed to date and recommend/develop new approaches that align with the 2023/2024 Strategic Plan.
Task Force Responsibilities and Scope
- Develop and deliver initiatives focused on:
- Increasing ARIDO value programming for members by initiating programming during trade days at IDS.
- Develop and deliver public facing education on the value of interior design with a focus on:
- The benefits of businesses working with interior designers.
- Showcasing what the profession does.
- Interior design as a career path for high school students.
- Design and execute the build out of the ARIDO/IDS stage
- Work with ARIDO staff to secure sponsorship and donated services and products related to ARIDO’s participation in the show.
- Representing both residential and commercial practicing members.
See the complete Terms of Reference for this Committee here.
We are working to build on ARIDO’s presence at the Interior Design Show earlier this year.
This opportunity is open to all categories of ARIDO members (Students, Interns, Registered, Educator, Retired, and Life), as well as non-members. We are seeking representation from under-represented groups such as Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, the LGBTQ2S+ and other marginalized individuals currently within and emerging into the interior design profession.
How do I get involved?
Simply complete this form by July 14th, 2023 to submit your name to the Task Force.