ARIDO is hiring: Communications Assistant
- Published on: Sep 24, 2021
Job Title: Communications Assistant (Temporary Placement)
ARIDO is currently searching for a dynamic communications professional a start in the industry, who has a flair for creativity and a keen eye for detail. We are searching for someone who is interested in architecture and interior design, and the way built space can have an impact on a community. Currently, this position is temporary but has the potential to lead to a permanent placement.
Summary: The Communications Assistant is the support to the Communications Coordinator in delivery of ARIDO’s internal and external communications. They are responsible for supporting the development and creation of ARIDO’s promotional materials, execution of public awareness pieces, and assisting with management of ARIDO website, blog, and social media. This position reports to the Communications Coordinator.
Blog & Website Management
• Support Communications Coordinator with the day-to-day functioning, maintenance, updates, and general management of the ARIDO website and BLOG//ARIDO.
• Work with the Communications Coordinator on ARIDO’s content marketing strategy for BLOG//ARIDO.
• Write, edit, and upload blog posts and related content to BLOG//ARIDO.
• Work with practicing Interior Designers and ARIDO members to develop blog content for BLOG//ARIDO.
• Update documents, news, and information on the website.
Social Media & Community Management
• Assist with the development and implementation of ARIDO’s social media presence on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, other platforms.
• Execute weekly and monthly social media strategies including content creation, setting up paid social campaigns, outreach, and monitoring.
• Keep up to date with new social media tools and strategies to integrate in ARIDO’s existing strategy.
• Supports content development of monthly newsletter, e-blasts, presentations, reports and documents, website elements and other artwork using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Constant Contact.
• Assists with design and management of materials of the organization include membership, Chapters, Awards Gala and AGM related materials.
• 2-3 years of relevant experience working in communications and/or social media management
• Strong social media management skills
• Well-organized and able to meet demanding deadlines
• An eye for graphics, including experience designing graphics via PhotoShop or Adobe Spark
• experience writing / editing for social media and blogs, creating and executing content marketing campaigns
• experience writing and creating email marketing campaigns
• experience writing for the web, for blogs, and/or about interior design or other related areas
• experience creating ads via Google Ads and Facebook/Instagram for business
• interest in the interior design field
Please send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com by October 15th, 2021.