Published on: Jan 27, 2021
Posted by: Ali Moenck
Chapter: Western Ontario Chapter
Join the Western Ontario Chapter for a CEU evening, February 18th, from 3:45-7:30 PM! Take part in three HS CEUs to complete your PD credits before the end of the cycle this June!
Three CEU presentations will be held along with a group dinner and networking. A $25 gift card to SkipTheDishes will be provided via email to each registrant.
Based on member feedback, this opportunity has been scheduled for a Thursday evening.
Date and Time: 18 February, 2021 3:45 pm - 7:30 pm
Event Cost: $5 for students, $10 for all other members
3:45 – 4:00pm: Welcome + tech setup
4:00 – 5:00pm: How to Design for Space Constraints in Various Workplaces presented by Spacesaver Solutions
5:00 – 6:00pm: Next Generation of Healthy Surfaces presented by Caragreen
6:00 – 6:30pm: Group dinner / networking
6:30 – 7:30pm – Light + Well Building, presented by Fluxworx
How to Design for Space Constraints in Various Workplaces presented by Spacesaver Solutions (1 HS)
Learn how to design for space constraints in a variety of workplaces from the office, to educational institutions, to museums and beyond. This course explores furniture, fixtures, and equipment that contribute to maximizing space through design. This course will provide participants with FF&E solutions that maximize space, are aesthetically pleasing, and contributed to occupant wellness. Participants will learn how functional solutions can be incorporated into a workplace’s design and provide for occupants needs.
- Understand how today’s design trends are impacting space across various markets and how furniture, fixtures, and equipment can be incorporated to condense storage and maximize space for both new construction and renovation projects.
- Learn how FF&E can contribute to occupant wellness by integrating ventilation, lighting solutions, and safety features into shelving and storage solutions used in public entities.
- Combat space planning challenges in design by incorporating solutions customized for bulky stuff storage, where employee and patron ergonomics are accounted for and space utilization is condensed and optimized.
- Examine space challenges across various markets and learn how different applications of shelving and storage can balance the needs and safety of both your clients’ employees and patrons.
Next Generation of Healthy Surfaces presented by Caragreen (1 HS)
Innovation should bring us together. Surfaces have always mattered and are often the centerpieces of our built environment. With changing requirements of our surfaces, it’s important to understand all these new terms and what they mean for occupant health and safety. Throughout this presentation we will look at different health claims being made in order to help understand how we can innovate with health in mind.
- What is this new terminology and what does it mean?
- How will our offices and surfaces change in the future?
- How will we interact with our spaces?
- How will we interact with each other?
Light + Well Building, presented by Fluxworx (1 HS)
You’re invited to join us in our newest continuing education session addressing these questions surrounding the certification process and lighting requirements in the latest WELL Building v2 standards.
- How does light impact our health and well-being?
- What responsibility do designers have to occupants?
- What’s important when specifying lighting for WELL v2?
Featuring practical recommendations and strategies, you will gain a complete understanding of key factors to help achieve maximum eligible WELL credits with lighting design and specification in commercial applications.